Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Obama to Trash Military Health Care: letter to My US Representative.

This a copy of the email I sent my Representative today.

Dear Representative Buchanan.

I am writing to urge you to stop the Obama administration from trashing TriCare Prime. It looks as though this administration is going to balance the budget on the backs of active duty service persons and veterans by increasing the premiums over 400%, while leaving unionized federal workers untouched.

This is completely unacceptable. Veterans such as myself were promised healthcare for life upon retirement from military service. Instead, we pay for health care insurance through the TriCare program. And even this will get converted to Medicare at age 65.

To be clear, TriCare is not a hand out or even a hand up. It is an benefit earned after a lifetime of sacrifice that helps veterans and our families survive in this economy.

I would not complain about the current premium because it is very affordable when compared to other insurance programs. But, raising the premiums will be another slap in the face of those men and women who make the American way of life possible.

If the premiums are raised four or more times the current amount then what did government's contract with the troops mean? To me it means another failure of government to abide by its obligations to its citizens and their families in favor of political expediency. This all goes to the integrity of our government and how it values service to our country.

Again, I urge you to stand up to this President's misguided budget machinations and keep the promise to our veterans.

More information at: http://freebeacon.com/trashing-tricare/

Thank you for your support in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

First Sergeant
US Army, Retired

PS I will get back to you again before I turn 65 years old. My TriCare premiums are due to go up over 500% when Medicare takes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. Comments are not censored, but will be removed upon discovery of foul or unlawful language (such as threatening politicians with bodily harm).